Working towards Empowerment of Adolescent Girls Women and the Aged
‘THARUNI’ was started in 2000, by Dr. Mamatha Raghuveer and her mother as a small effort. However, today, Tharuni blossomed into a Forum for the Girls where they can get the required support for all their basic needs. ‘THARUNI’ means a young woman. Being a Non – Governmental organization, it works for the all round development of Adolescent Girls, Women & the Aged. Tharuni aims to educate the girl to enjoy a higher self-esteem and greater say in decision making, to marry at a right age, and play a major role in social development. Tharuni also focuses on ensuring the well being of women at all stages of their lives.
Empowering Adolescent Girls, Women and Aged to build a better world where there is no Discrimination.
To make the adolescent girls and women attain their rightful place as equal partners with men in development, by fully harnessing their potential.
- To work for the welfare of the girl child
- To enlighten the adolescent girls on health & hygiene and impart quality education
- To provide vocational education and promote life skill development to enhance self confidence in adolescent girls
- To develop their personality by conducting sports and games for adolescent girls
- To work for eradication of child marriages, dowry and other social evils
- To educate the women for optimum utilization of government schemes in various fields
- To involve women in environmental initiatives
- To educate the women on health issues
- To empower the aged to be self-reliant and make their old age meaningful and productive
- To provide physical and psychological care for the elderly apart from strengthening their bonds with society